Christmas 2012

Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Well, we snuck by the end of the world projections on Friday. I must confess, I was sure the Mayan calendar was a bunch of hooey..but kept counting the hours until Saturday officially arrived all around the world. Come on..I’ll bet I’m not the only one.

Anyway, it didn’t take long for the cartoonists to mock the whole thing..here are a few of my favorites.

myan cartoon calendar

myan muppets

myan cartoon

This is really a lazy short blog today..but we’ve got a house full of family to spend time and food and laughs and presents with as Linda and I hope is the case at your home too. A special thanks to all those of you who keep reading these meanderings. I plan to keep ‘em coming until someone says stop. God’s blessings.

christmas card

1. perry says:

i will tell you when to stop doug….until then, sir……carry on

2. howsitgoinn says:

… Thank you Sir. Merry Christmas

life is good

Merry Christmas to you and yours. CL

4. Mike H says:

Merry Christmas my friend! God’s blessings on the coming year!

I really appreciate these “meanderings”! You are a communicator at heart, and the world needs more of those. Thank you for sharing your gift with us!

5. Lynnal Nelson says:

Merry christmas to you & your family Doug……….keep the blog going, we all enjoy it so much! You sure have a way with words, plus you can sing! Happy new year too!!!

6. Jeff says:

Doug and Linda
    Have a Merry Christmas and we will wait to see you blogging
    in the New Year and maybe you will get your drums out a few
    times also.

Glædelig Jul til deres….I always look forward to Lund at Large….

8. Larry says:

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family. Say Hello! to your daughters from the old math teacher. We should get together with John for coffee sometime. Keep the blogs coming I check daily for new ones.

9. Edie says:

You must keep blogging Doug it’s the only way I get updates on Steve!! I really miss his blog : ( Merry Christmas to you and yours.

10. Ralph says:

Keep the blogs coming Doug. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Edie….did you know that Steve has a blog…”of sorts”….?

12. Stuart Surma says:

Keep up with your blogs- just because I don’t comment doesn’t mean I don’t read every one! Merry Christmas to you and Linda- HO HO HO!!! Stu

13. MJ says:

I agree…keep the blogs coming. I rarely comment on them, but I read every one. :) This is one of my favorite reads.

But…any time you doubt yourself on whether anyone actually read these, just ask. I’m sure we will all chime in. :)

14. Jill Morstad says:

Love ‘Lund at Large’! Your gift to us all year round. Please, please do keep them coming!

15. Harvey says:

Doug, I check for your messages every week, please keep them coming. Signed a contract with Moen for next years fair ( one beer) so I hope to see you then if not before. Happy New Year. You are a very good writer and I enjoy reading and agreeing with you most all of the time. Hope we get over the Cliff, my fingernails are getting tirerd. Harvey