Erin Go Lunds

Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 10:28 am

Linda and I, along with about forty other Keloland viewers, are about to be “Enchanted” for the next nine days. We’re leaving on another “Holiday Vacations” adventure which, I’ll bet, has many of you “green” with envy. We’ll be spending 10 hours in airports and another 10 hours on airplanes before arriving in Dublin, Ireland, but it’s a small price for the chance to actually experience in person those 40 shades of green we hear so much about on the Emerald Isle.

Cliffs of Moher

Cliffs of Moher

ireland mapWe’ll be going around in circles for the next week..actually making the beautiful “Circle Tour” of Ireland from Dublin, Galway, Cliffs of Moher, Limerick, Killarney, Blarney, Kilkenny and back to Dublin.

I wonder if Linda, who is half Irish, will feel the kinship with her motherland as much as I did when we visited Norway several years ago. I hope so.  I suppose it’s possible for me to feel that sense of homecoming too since MY ancestors, the Vikings, have such a long history of invading and settling Ireland.

We hope to do all the touristy things while there from touring castles and kissing Blarney Stones to drinking Guinness, eating Mulligan stew and singing Irish pub songs in REAL Irish pubs.

Redheads fascinate me. Wonder if her arms move when she dances.

Redheads fascinate me. Wonder if her arms move when she dances.

As always, I’ll have my laptop and camera along; posting several Lund at Large blogs on Keloland.com so you can follow along with us and perhaps figure a way that you can include one of these trips for yourself in the future.

1. Shelle says:

Have loads of fun Doug…please take good care of my dear sister Linda! Love to you both…

2. rdl says:

Doug when you are in Killarney be sure to take in the PUBS They would just love you version of ” DANNY BOY “. They love to drink and sing. If you are there on a Saturday evening there most likely will be a wedding party in your hotel. Your maybe cant sleep for the noise. We were told that you just get dress and go down to the bar and join them. That could last until daylight.

3. Kathi Loban says:

Doug and Linda: Have a wonderful trip. Take a jacket – it is always chilly there. I toured Ireland in 2007 with two good friends and a bus full of others. The food is great, accommodations were great and I the hhistory lessons were interesting. The shopping was more fun. I would do the tour again. Be sure to see Molly in Dublin. I will be watching for your reports. KL

Don’t tell ‘em you’re Lutheran and don’t yell “God save the queen”! If you do those things, just off the top of my head, you should be fine.

5. Suzan says:

Oh my gosh, it’s already time for your trip! I can’t believe how fast the summer has gone and we’re now well into fall. Praying you have safe travels and nothing but wonderful experiences to share when you return. We’ll be looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing of your adventures. Much love to you both!

6. Janet says:

I am sure all of you are having a wonderful time by now! My mother, Lex and her sister, Annie are part of the crew hoping to share some of the “luck of the Irish”! Keep us posted on all the adventures and we expect to see pictures kissing the Blarney Stone! check on you all later.

7. jennifer says:

Hello! Please tell Roger & Sharon from Pierre hello from their kids. We spotted them in your pictures. Thanks so much for the blog-it’s great being able to follow your tour!