Morning Meeting: Focusing On Fireworks

Posted: Monday, July 5, 2010 at 9:29 am
By: Karen Sherman
Comment | Trackback Bookmark and Share

It’s a holiday at KELO, so the newsroom is pretty quiet today. Because it’s the morning after July 4th, much of the talk is about how everyone celebrated.

For most of us, it included fireworks. Some people set off their own, while others watched the big shows. Fireworks are the focus of a couple of the stories we are working on today.

  • Sioux Falls Fire Rescue says a garage fire late Sunday night was caused by fireworks. We’ll have more on how the fire started.
  • People shooting off their own fireworks don’t always clean up after themselves; we’ll take a look at the mess left behind.
  • And if you spent much time outside this weekend, chances are you have a mosquito bite or two. We’ll have more from Mitchell, where the mosquito numbers are finally dropping after an explosion of the biting bugs.

Leave a Reply